What a great day! It was great to be able to be in the temple and witness my little brother be sealed to his wife Hannah. It is an amazing and wonderful blessing to be sealed to your spouse for time and all eternity and the blessings we are given in the temple are more than you could ever hope for. It brought back wonderful memories of my own sealing and was just such a special moment for our family. I love my family! My girls had a great time playing with their cousins too, which continued all the following week while we stayed at Nan and Grampi's house. What a lovely time we had, with great weather and wonderful company. Cara is really missing all her cousins as well as Nan, Grampi, Great Nan and Bampa, and all her aunts and uncles.. she loves looking at photos of you all, and always wants to visit again. Hopefully it wont be too long. Wish we could live close to you all! xxxxx
June 08, 2009
A little while ago now, I attended what was called a 'Nappuccino'. I had planned on using reusable nappies with Cara, and I although I did buy a few different ones, I never really did get into it. I thought I would go to get some advice and encouragement to use my nappies on Felicity. Actually, I ended up buying a couple of new nappies. A pop-in by close parent, and a tots bots pocket nappy. I preferred the pop-in, so decided this was to be the nappy I used.
When I first got the nappies out of the box, they looked so cute all rolled up. They are one size fits all, so fit Cara as well as Felicity. (Cara wore proper pants all day today though - there were lots of accidents, but hopefully not for too much longer). I bought the Dream Dri version as opposed to the Bamboo. They are very quick drying, especially if it's nice out, which I needed seeing as we only bought a box of 10. It'll be lots easier now Felicity is the only user - I had been doing lots of washes the last couple of weeks.
- I really like that we don't throw away a load of nappies
- that I wont have to buy disposables again
- I don't mind the bulkiness too much, and it will only get less so as Felicity grows (they didn't seem much different in size on Cara)
- I don't mind doing more washes, and I throw everything in altogether, they wash great, only problem is drying if it's wet out.
- Both girls have had quite red bottoms, though, not really nappy rash, but I guess just red from being wet a lot. I have to say I don't seem to smell a number 2 so easily through these nappies, could be a bad thing as well as a good... Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the nappies, and myself for sticking with it. Yay!
June 03, 2009
This was on the start of our long walk to church. It was such a lovely day we thought we'd make the trek, and as Steve was visiting he got to make it with us. It turns out that it takes us quite a while. I did really enjoy the walk home especially. We didn't have a timescale to get home, we were discussing all that we had heard at church and it was just a lovely day. Here's to more walking, and less traveling by car.